Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Don't Understand People Lah...

Probably one of the biggest news in a while, that Osama bin Laden is dead.

I was keeping tab on twitter even before Obama decided to announce the news the other day. Then one of the tweets from CNN news announced that Obama is going on air for a special address to the nation. I remember one tweet saying that Obama decided to go on air at that time to draw peoples' attention from Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice", which was going to be aired at the same time.

For those who didn't know, Obama and Trump got into a little 'feud' about the president's country of birth. Thus the joke tweet.

Anyway, the rest is exactly what you heard from the news. The international news channels rating soared, saturated with all sorts of news and interviews - how it happened, who was involved, did Pakistan know, effects on Middle-East politics, effects on al-Qaeda, etc., even though some people had no business to be there (instant fame on CNN wor, who wouldn't accept?).

There are groups of people who remained skeptical of the news, though. And they believe the US fabricated the whole spectacle, and - to a certain extent - staged the conspiracy from the start of 9/11. What did the US do to deserve such a claim?

  I cry foul as I like. ok?
Um, I don't know what I should make of this. I have in mind to blog about this a long time ago, but was unable due to time constraints. But one issue bothers me - why did they think so?

I think crying foul and saying that the US is conspiring against us is just plain absurd. People have been asking for the US to present the evidence that bin Laden is dead, or else it's a conspiracy. One thing I would ask these people though, where is the proof of conspiracy?

Do not use creative imaginations to link unrelated facts together that do not even pass Ockham's razor, and present it as a fact, claiming that the US is politically motivated to do so. The complex conspiracy theory fails, because in order to explain the whole situation, more baseless theories have to be made to support it. That doesn't work due to the nature of its complexity, and when both explanations are equally viable, the simpler prevails. Simple. Case closed. (I am not a big fan of US, I'm not some unpatriotic "char-siew" who will - on the first chance he/she gets - grab a green card and show Malaysia his/her ass. I'm defending because I think it's unfair and unjustified.)

I would want to return on a later time to lay out all the 9/11-related conspiracies and debunk them one at a time. I really don't understand people who thinks that the US has all the time in the world to stage this bloody show just to spend trillions of dollars into the military to wage a war against no-one (and get the oil which is then used to earn money which is then spent into the military which is used to get the oil in the first place). Come on, the whole plan is just too smart and complicated for Bush to execute (except the military spending - oil money cycle, and the after-effects on the American economy, now that's dumb and typical of him).

Meanwhile, I would like to end with this photo. Bin Laden's photos were not released yet. Look lah. Ok? Good night.

Osama's Las Vegas photo, he got drunk that's all.

Till next time, Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I don't know what to say or what to believe. There are too many claims that say this, and awhile later there'll be another group says the opposite. Not to mention the variation of the same case.

    ReplyDelete