Disclaimer: Malaysian English, read at your own risk (of learning bad English).
Haiyo! One a fine day was today. If you confused about why did I started the sentence with such an exclamation, it is because the fine day was short-lived. There I was, waking up to a good day, sipping my coffee, just to be spoiled by what I saw on the newspaper today.
Walaueh, see already also want to vomit blood ah. But then hor, everyday also I read the newspaper one, why should this one be any different? Aiya, dunno leh. Maybe I had a little bit more of extra time today, so I read the news articles more carefully lor.
One article really got on my nerves la. Want to know what is it or not? Of course you do. Nah, here it is http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/8sitx/Article
Apparently an Indonesian maid working for one of our fellow Malaysian household graduated with a diploma at the Open University of Malaysia wor.
Wahsei, I thought. So geng (powerful) ah? No no, then I think again... Should be - Wah, that family so rich ah can afford to send their maid to university? Hire maid never mind, want to spend money to let her study some more (they said only pay half of the fee lah, but still a lot wei).
Ok lah. People want to do the maid a favor, I cannot say anything lor. Do good is do good mah, I'm feeling happy for the maid too. As for the family, thank you lor. But hor, I think the money can be better spent on something else lah. What is it? I don't know. Sendiri pikir lah (think yourself).
That is not the point lah. The point is, the news article hor - of all the lines they can start with - must start with "The Tan family of Damansara Utama is proof that the average Malaysian family cares for its domestic maids."
Immediately I thought, Walaoeh. One family can afford to send their maid to college, then it is a proof that everyone in Malaysia cares about their Indonesian maid is it? Like that if one politician is corrupt, then it is a proof that all politicians are corrupt too lor? Isn't it? Nah.
Remember last year we got into a row with Indonesia again about maid abuse? Then the fellers in Indonesia said they want to invade our country some more, for revenge wor they said. What does that proof? That all Malaysians torture their maid ah? Or that all Indonesians are crazy buggers that want to drench in our blood?
No ah? Then how the f**k can this one proof that all average Malaysian families care for their maid ah?
I really don't know lah. Sometimes I think these people write without using their brain one. But never mind lah, it's newspaper. Nobody believes what is on the newspapers anymore lah in Malaysia. Except for some people that still believe that Utusan Malaysia is holier than Al Qur'an lah.
Anyway, let's talk about something else. Last week, the hacker group Anonymous hacked into our government websites. About 100+ websites got attacked and was brought down.
Aiyo. Really fail lah. These people already declared that they will attack a few weeks earlier. Announced the date and time some more. And then this Minister of Ancient Information Technology berlagak (boast) want to say," We are ready".
Then what happened? We got hacked lah, that's what. Got pwned like Mike Tyson giving a little kid a left hook for a knockout punch.
Walaoeh. How can? Government websites wor, not got a lot of people like those in Pentagon one working for government one meh? How come can get hacked by these people? Cannot lah like that. If government also can get hacked, then we normal rakyat (people) how? Aiya. Really ah, depend on this ancient dinosaur as a minister, might as well ask your dog to fend off these hackers lah.
Then ah. All these for what? All because our government blocked some downloading websites lor. Say want to protect local entertainment industry wor. Walaoeh. What local entertainment industry? Some people want to download porn cannot is it? Malaysia got make one is it? (Got lah, if you find hard enough)
Say want to protect local entertainment industry. Wah, what do you think har? Now must force us to buy these lousy music is it? Nah, give us download also donwan lah. You musicians in Malaysia, think what har? Haven't start to make good music you want us to buy and listen ah? Mimpi lah (dream on). What if I bought your album and it sucks har? Maybe if you all start to make some good music, we might consider spending our hard-earned money on your decent songs lah. Our money not easy come one you know, want us to simply invest on you ah?
What? No money, can't produce good music? Walao. What you think, the whole world charity ah? You want us to give you money first, then only you make good music ah? If like that, everyone also become a millionaire already lor. This business plan, is brilliant lah, only we everyone is gullible enough to part with their money lah. I also can say, if everyone give me some money, then I can start a business and become a billionaire, then repay everyone who lent money to me lor. How is that? You want to invest in me or not?
Walaoeh. Really beh tahan (cannot stand) lah Malaysia. But then hor, it's the only country I know. Must sabar... sabar... Haiyo. Ok lah my rant ends here. Soli ah if my English polluted your brain. Promise next post I will revert to my own writing style (if it's not another Malaysian rant).
Till next time, cheers~


No comments:
Post a Comment